Green Tea Marshmallow Recipe
Wintertime is for roast marshmallows and hot chocolates, only this time, its green tea marshmallows! Enjoy Biluochun green tea's roast umami with mochi mochi marshmallow texture. Little yummy presents for your friends and coworkers this holiday.
- 15 cm x 15 cm pan
- Mortar and pestle
- Gelatin 10g
- Water 50ml
- Egg white x 1
- Fine sugar 60g
- Biluochun Green Tea 3g
- Pinch matcha powder
- Grind Biluochun green tea down to powder.
- Mix gelatin into the water for five minutes. Chill egg white in the refrigerator.
- Whip egg white until soft peak, add a little bit of tea and fine sugar in the mix and whip till firm peak.
- Melt the gelatin water mixture in the microwave for 40 seconds. Add the rest of tea and fine sugar then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Gradually mix gelatin mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge then take out to mix again to form everything.
- Pour the mixture in the baking sheet lined pan, sprinkle some matcha powder on top and let rest in room temperature.
- When the shape is formed, cut into 3 x 3 cm squares.